Getting Your Business off the Ground

Amanda Devine Our Thinking 2 Comments

 

This is a scientific fact that when we send a rocket to the moon it takes about 80% of the fuel just to take it off the ground. Then, the rocket makes the trip to the moon and back on the remaining 20%. The same applies to our business. It takes lots of action to get our business off the ground. We are talking about action as time being a different matter. Depending on how much action you are going to put into growing your business determines how long it is going to take to get decent results. What do I mean by decent results? When your business is supporting you and you still have money left over for the fun things you want to do. The more actions you are going to put into your business the faster you are going to get it going and achieve the momentum.

Actions are extremely important as they are the bread and butter of our business, but all the actions are going to be fruitful only when we have the right mindset. In other words, we need to expect that those actions are going to produce the desired results. I have met lots of people who had lots of activities but the results were very different from what they wanted. You see, actions and the right mindset go hand in hand. You need to have both of them in order to become successful. When you have the right mindset, your actions are going to produce much better results with the same effort, at the same time. That is why people can work less hours and make more money.

Let me give you an example. Imagine, that we have a sales person. That person is going to make phone calls to get appointments with potential clients. The first thing is that he/she needs to make those phone calls. They need to call someone to make the appointments. Before the phone call is made the mindset determines whether the appointment is made. When that sales person feels good about talking to the future client on the phone it makes the chances of making that appointment much higher. When he/she has a smile on their face and expects that it is an appointment that increases the chances even more. When that sales person has a picture of an appointment already written in their planner even before dialing the number of a potential client and feels awesome about calling it is when we are talking about the right mindset. You see, we create what we expect, so whatever actions we take towards building our business we need to see the positive outcome in our mind before we even start.

And… above all you need to have fun doing whatever it is that you do!

Have an absolutely magical week, full of LOVE, GRATITUDE and FUN!!!

Amanda Devine

 

Comments 2

    1. Post
      Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *